Thursday 22 March 2012

Out of the Window

One day,
Sometime around noon,
Something behind the
transparent glaze,
Something inadvertently,
Caught my variable gaze.

Far beyond that rocky road,
Further beyond that unlit
stern black lamppost.
Was a distinct place,
A peculiar vicinity,
A strange indenture and
an odd blank space.

Not that anyone hadn't lived there,
Nor that it was nobody's home.
It just looked to everyone solid,
But beneath that, 'twas all foam.

There that place stood which
some called the 'world', behind
that layer of thin air, behind
that transparent framed glass.

Even through the nightfall,
It seemed far from the still
rocky road;
And farther from the lightened
lamppost.
But as still it may be--
I pulled the blinds of the window
'Cause I didn't like the world.
But I sure do hope that
That place still exists today.
Away from my sight,
Out of the window.




No comments:

Post a Comment